Thursday 18 February 2016

The Fibersphere..../- 15:

/- 15:

I wake again, from whirring sounds 
and lights from overhead
searching in the distance
with eyes of infrared.

The "Seekers We" hoverbots 
are travelling in grids
and if you know which way they go

between them you can slip,
and easier when you have the toys 

I had by then retrieved,
placed with much forethought; 

escape supplies were left for me:


Evac-U-Pak, and WonderVest, 
I dig from underground
once the tree described to me 

by comrades I had found
And so before they got too close 
I grab the WonderVest
and strap it on and hit 

the center button on it's chest 
That will hide my heat
from all the eyes of infrared 
and all the menace wandering 
in orbits overhead.
and just for now 
I will allow
a momentary rest
and briefly plan the day ahead
to figure out what's next.
and hoverbots go more or less directly overhead
My eyes now closed
my comfort knows
I've banned them from my head. 

And as my wakefullness
drifts off and on throughout the night
again I feel the memories
of our species
taking flight... 


(to be continued....)

No comments:

Post a Comment