Thursday 31 March 2016

The Fibersphere ... /- 24:

/- 24:

Over hills and under woods
I log the many miles
between the place I started out, 

and where destiny hides
It's been a week or so or more
I think I have forgot
to count the days since my escape 

so far, at least, uncaught
I only think upon the map
I see inside my head 

Visual-spacial cere-chips 
highlight the route in red 
Head's-Up-Display inside my eyes 
A gift from Margerite
Those implants I won't deny
have helped me in this feat.

A week or so of walking 
underneath a navy sky
I come to rest beside a cave 

familiar to my eye
The picture I have studied 

were the heat lives underneath 
to where "the 12", A.I.s reside 
with the world above asleep
I brush aside the moss

to then reveal a tunnel dark
lit only by tiny lights
that trace the ceiling's arc
And come to rest by double doors 

that elevators hide 
I push the button on the wall 
and doors part open wide
And in I step, and turn around 
to watch the doors shut fast 
Could I really be here?
Is this the place at last?

Not big on security
I guess there's little fuss
because these days the surface
is berift of most of us
the lowest floor
it takes me down
and neither of us sway
to reach the answers underneath 

of why we're here today.
And as we tumble down the shaft 

with static flickered light 
arriving fast, we slow at last
and doors then open wide 


(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment