Sunday 1 May 2016

The Fibersphere .... /- 26: /- 27:

/- 26:

Finally I find the hallway
coming to an end
the floor lights that were flashing green 

have now turned solid red.
And so instinctually I stop
in the centre-circled floor
sit in the chair that's sitting there
and plug into the board.
The neuro-link cable is
resting gently on the arm
of the chair that's centered there,
my suspicion now disarmed.
I gently plug the cable to
my neuro-port connect,
that's now inter-signalling
to my occipital cortex
to back and forth comminicate
with host AI plugged in
and that can transfer any big 

communicating Sim
Not really a sim, but better
one could think of as a dream
A super-conscience flexible
two-way data stream.
Always there were glitches
errors often will abound
turning time backwards
and often rearranging nouns
but less this often mattered 

compensated by the plot,
ignoring all the vagrancies
to satisfy it's job

usually to give a message 
or impart a skill
And rarely it imparted talents 

almost magical. 
But these neural-interfaces 
often times were feared
as you never really understood  
all their working gears.
Nonetheless, I take a seat
and giving my consent

I close my eyes,
to realize
the program now begins....  


/- 27:

And in the eye
of my mind
I watch things taking shape
of words that now are entering
my head's unique landscape
This sim took the form of a
professor teaching class
and down I go into the place
where ideas pass...
It calls me by my birth name 

I've not heard in quite a while
we called each other different names
and forgot the reason's why.
So I first ask the question
everybody wants to know
why does our progress
seem now moving so slow?
Why have not we found
the means to immortality?
And why have we not by now  

reached singularity?

And so Brother A began.........

"Consciousness we never learned 
to house inside machines
Not just us, but noone has

inside our galaxy
"We could build smart machines
that keep our memories
And replicate the details
of our personalities  

"And once the upload was complete
The new "I" came on-line
And check it out! The real person
Didn't even have to die!
"They'd have a carbon-copy self
walk and talk around
Keeping up with all affairs
'Til their owner hit the ground.
"But while alive, through their copy
they were not able to see. 

They had not it's perception,
it's P.O.V. a mystery
"It looked like them and spoke like them
near identically
Their owners never really sure
the nature of what's made.
"Was this their new immortal self?
Or just a new charade?
They died of course,
like all before
Yet part of them survived
in a robot frame designed
to mimic them alive."

~|~
But how would all of this play out?

~\~
"We thankful, now can say 

From other singularities 
spawned in our Milky Way. 
"Warp-speed entangled probes 
detected some type 2s,
and those populations
we then thoroughly perused" 

(Type 2s: very advanced
Tech societies
harnessing their stars
entire cache of energy)
"These beings reached a
a techno singularity,

with a sort of machine
kind of immortality"
My host then shows a map
full 3D inside my head,
A gigantic mass of stars,
filling our galactic bed
and showing where our sun is found
between 2 major lanes
twinkle now, seven type 2s,
scattered every way
and none seem very close to Earth
in fact they look quite far
I'd say some 100 years
away, their closest star,
at the very fastest speed
that capable we are.
"But there are ways to get around
you barely know exist.
Actually you don't at all.
I'm just slapping your tits!"
(The humor of Bro A, was not
always appropriate,
but this last mark had missed so wide
it worried me a bit...
was mistranslation
by the sim the thing 

that is to blame?
or has it's creativity 

gone slightly West of sane?
or was it me, sitting here, 

taxing this redoubt
maximally saturating 

all it's ins and outs
that my host must disentangle, 

and at any given time 
glitches vary widely 
from eulogy to pantomime 
(mercifully not yet observed 
at the same time) 

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment