Sunday 29 May 2016

The Fibersphere...../- 30:

/- 30:

As I think about those words
of that prophetic ghost
I think these words through 

to my cybernetic host
and signals from my brain
out through my neural port then go
down the cable, joined into 

the chair I'm sitting lo
and then they are received
by "the 12", who'll send just one
of 68 replies they start compiling

to suit the questions best they get
once my transmission's done

And so I get a quick response
and quite a shock in ways 
more than just the speed
and dizziness that it conveyed: 

And so began their picked reply 
seen in only my minds eye
.//
"Yes, in fact, you are quite right 

for some the programs lacked 
an overarching purpose
to the "life" they strove to have. 

One only seeing cycles
of ending birth and death
could maybe be forgiven
if the point they didn't get. 

"What's the point?"
They're bound to ask!
What answers could they have?

So some type 2s made Programs 
defining why that life should be
and the answer chose
was very close to words of Dr. Free 

Not in form detail, of course
but in philosophy.
This changed the shape of their arc 

to one that would sustain
as long as immortality
was excluded from the game. 

Unchecked growth is cancerous: 
the cells that never die
will kill the organism
that allows them to survive.
It's not they're fault
but would be ours
if we did the same
with such a stern reminder
built inside our bodie's frame, 

those apoptosis lessons
so directly in our face
Hey man, you'll get over it
just get out of the way
of the people coming after! 

They've got better things to say, 
better things to think 
new and better ways
of dealing with tomorrow
that's mother nature's way
and how she likes to play. 


(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment