Friday 4 December 2015

The Fibersphere.... /- 7:

/- 7:

How slowly did I suffocate unwittingly inside?
This sweet unconditioned air
Made me slightly high
and superlatively happy
taking virgin breaths outside
to taste the chlorophyllic gift
from all this gushing green
In any case I'm free, and feel
the best I've ever been!
I'm out from in the Purgadrome
and not a second late!
But how was it I managed
such a dangerous escape?
Many others tried
but very few had got away
And why'd they go offline,
that very moment, anyway?
While I was alone and
with no guards in my way?

More closely my surroundings
I do give thorough peruse,
and figure West my heading best
to evade those who'd persue
(strange throughout our history
we seek our freedom westerly)
And so I started out on foot
with stars to guide my steps
the moonless night my jacket,
the stars my cap and vest.
So mild this summer weather
at this middle latitude
the even in the dead of night 
it failed to greatly cool.
I didn't mind, I had the wind
and air through hair and hands.
Sensations hear forgotten
in the core of Purga-land.
To find my way to nearest
unadulterated grass,
through unknowns I'd have to tread
these sectors I must pass.
"no floss under moss", as some wits said
you sold a home or 2
o'er virgin land, 'til fiber spanned
the globe in '32.
(3032)

(to be continuted)

No comments:

Post a Comment