Sunday 23 June 2019

Goodmorning fellow babies!
How are you now?
I'm attempting new habits that I hope you'll allow
this first-thing-I-wake-and-play the poetry game
with only one player (I guess that hasn't changed).
Even if I have nothing special to say
I'll say the mundane, but in a special way.
Because, why not?  These words are free.
Both for me to write and for you to see.
It's beats vegetating on nothing at all,
or reading the news, and then feeling appaulled
There's only adolescent insults these days
that taint the headlines in cyclical ways
dumbing everyone down back to middle school -
a forced awareness of humorless fool.
Why hear a word?  What good can it do?
What can you learn?  What does it prove?
I'd rather meander aimless and wide
and flush every instance of ego and pride
then try to keep up with insanity-land
that's infected so many, I don't understand.
So thanks for at least being ear to my pain.
As it's not just mine.  You suffer the same.
As does the world.....aware of it or not.
As I'm sure you'll agree.......it's getter .....just a wee bit......
hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment