Monday 8 July 2019

"Gut" take - no ideology

















I found a new philosophy,
Invented just today.
I needed it, I think, to circum-
Navigate my way
Around a planet, perilous,
Presenting many tests
That has me seeking now a path
Divergent from the rest ...
To better hear a voice
That has been with me all along ...
A voice I like to call, "my gut",
That's almost never wrong.
It's synchronizing with the "now",
In super-present tense.
And getting in the zone
Instead of living in your head
With countless possibilities
Presenting you "what if"s
That haunt your thoughts repeatedly
As they goes adrift.
There is no ideology
That thinking man has made
That's capable of dealing with
All things in every way.
All rules have an exception.
All laws have broken been.
There's, every time, a caveat,
In every discipline.
We can't see all contingencies,
Can't beat every drum,
And can't demand all choices
Should distill to only one?
So why have ideology at all?
What's it to you?
What truth can it reveal, the present
Moment cannot do?
To learn to see things as they are,
Instead of narrative-
The over-arching tale we tell ourselves within our head-
Is quite a revelation, and a novel clarity,
When free of all thought-defining ideology.
Some say no religion.  But I go all the way....
No predetermined organizing thoughts at all .... I say!
Pretty radical, I guess.
But I dig it, anyhow.
Woudln't have before, but that was then, this is now.
"My gut" is the thing I'm gonna
Listen to the most,
Because if you ignore your gut,
Your happiness is toast.
There are some principles sublime and cool,
No doubt about it!
But actions similar, I think, may too
Result without it!
My hope: if one could feel the world
Complete without the shade
And the bias and distortions that our prior thinking made
We'd have a great capacity
(Exceeding what is now)
To live without assumption, or moreso anyhow.
And attenuate the fear, as much as safely is allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment