Friday 5 July 2019

What, me worry?





















I guess this is the end for poor ol' Mad Magazine.
A comic rag that made me laugh a few years in-between
childhood and puberty, and maybe after that.
And to it's two-thirds-of-a-century run, I'll now tip my hat.
Alfred E. Newman will still be seen in the shops
As they'll begin reprinting older stories quite a lot.
In fact exclusively, past August, nothing new will come.
Effectively the magazine, in practice, will be done.
They'll still have much material, most eyes have never seen,
that was over years created by their satire machine.
I never got bored of reading Spy vs. Spy
(or watching it, precisely, as the dialog's slipped my mind...
never was a word between them said, as I recall,
only the explosions on the page, and cannon balls!)
So I wax nostagically, as I learn the fate
of the magazine that humored us (or me, at any rate).
Worrying?  I'd rather not.
Some things I can control.
And for the things I can't.....hey, I just let it roll.
That's the mindset I have had, since I was just a kid.
And maybe Mad helped instill that thinking, just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment