Friday 12 July 2019

















The burden of de-burdening
This daily blog debrief is for the birds.
Absurd.  It now to me occurs:
Why meander on about the things inside me head?
Could other candies of the mind be consumed instead?
Maybe Candy Crush?  Or Sims or gambling?
Or standing on a stage and pretending you can sing?
Wow...it almost seems as if the cynic has arrived
And replaced the optomist that prior did reside
Within my cortices, the skull, and everything inside.
Maybe bastard-he should get
The hell right of the way,
And brush away the whining pout
Shellacked across the face....
The party-poop imposter
That had make it's presence known
And who I'm now kicking out,
And sending his ass home.
So welcome back, the before-me
Before he came along.
Now it's all ok again,
To stand and sing a song,
Knowing that a better singer always comes along,
But now without the worry that I might have sung it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment