Sunday 12 July 2015

#7

I don't know about you,
But I think I'm having a blast
Segregating words
into those I hope will last
longer than 3 seconds more than
what we can agree
would keep the boredom clear at bay
or that's my hope, at least.

Of course sometimes the ball is dropped
in less than awesome words
Or sentences unpretty like,
"You can't polish a turd"
But that one is a classic
spoke in all recording rooms.
You must of course
perfect the source
before you can improve.
Turning knobs to kindom-come
Won't make a classic sound
The mix you make is hostage-held
To what you first laid down.
At least that is my wax-
poetic take on studios
I must admit, I dig that space
Why?  It's hard to know.
Maybe 'cause it's Lego-like
In ways of building sound
I hope the ones I make will circulate
when I'm in the ground
or better yet, I hope my wait
is not that long indeed
It's better to embrace a thing
Than see it unachieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment