Sunday 12 July 2015

Bumbling

Out with my little sweet
Missy Bumbaloo
And I thought I'd give a go
At writing poem number 2
Inspiration, I began
to wonder would it be
Always with me at my side
Throughout this new journey?
Well that won't be a problem
for this part of the ride
My muse is never far
When my daughter's at my side
She lifts the weary spirit
To allow a soul to fly
Always brings my face a smile
And sparkles to my eye

So onward, over, under, through
I follow her about
The playground and the soccer field
And never long without
My familiar outstretched hand
To steady up her chase
Sometimes she's possessed with speed
as if she's in a race
Of all the things I love to do
I love this most of all
Being there to watch her
scramble up from every fall.

So now I will resume this walk
And later scratch my head
And wonder not if I've lost the plot
In making such a bed
That I feel I must lie in
Now that I've set this goal
And public too!
So I must choose
To finish.
Not to fold.  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment