Saturday 25 July 2015

"Morning.....came a little early today". - WMM

A funny thing has happened
on the way to getting old
time is moving faster
(that you must already know)
but other things are happening
unpredicted in their course
I'm waking up far earlier
than I ever did before
The early morning
has become
my very favorite time
everyone is sleeping
and the quiet house is mine
I'll pillage for a coffee
sit upon a lighted screen
give a shake and brush away
the webs until it's clean
and maybe watch the jays
chase away the bigger crows
and fighting for some crums
and flying off to where they go
Then I'll sip some java,
the first sip is so great!
The very best of all the rest
that follow for the day
And I'll bang a rhythm out
on a Qwerty board
And find a new horizon
where a thought will dare to tour
and trip over the threshold
where the land may meet the sky
and take a final look behind
and wave a last goodbye
to all the childhood memories
and people of your life
the things you knew
and the ones
who've gone to afterlife
and when we comes at last
upon threshold all must pass
I hope the eyes
that meet these words
sincerely aren't the last.
somehow immortality
we wish so much we had
knowing that our mortal coil
will one day feed the grass
So anything we give
from us to all who after come
allows our life to resonate
in memories of some
and on again we live in them
their mind a tape we run

But only that a fantasy
I'm not on that journey yet
or so I hope
I cannot gloat
I know tomorrow's bet
But hope I may, that this today
indeed won't be my last
I'll go on as if the dawn
of night is yet to pass
Only in my thoughts
could I allow the former flight
as I've got some living left to do...
damn right!


No comments:

Post a Comment