Monday 27 July 2015

The Monday Suckage Blues

Once upon a time
in the land of darn-it-all
After picking up my ass
from an unrewarding fall
the weekend that was mine
on the back of vino rouge
or seemed so at the time
there was nothing else to do...

Now the better part of me
will at another goal take aim
and down the bowl of porcelain
I'll now flush out the shame
As really, I be jazzin' ya
I never had a drop
Not so last night anyway
But I remember lots
of times that such was true
and always seeming close
those memories relived anew
are like a shadow ghost
reminding me
that all I have
or every can attain
can only happen if I stay alive
and keep it sane.

And so I say goodbye
to the follies of my past
to rearrange the scenery
and cut another path
and maybe on the way
are other habits taking form
while sheltering oneself
from an unsuspected storm
and waking from the slumber
of a cyber-chloroform

And curious for other things
I'm off to make new friends
ideas and forthcomings
to a new plateau ascend
excuting firm desire
by using what you got
instead of whining on the wire
or refusing to be taught
and now I find
a new collapse
of jittery demise
when I walk
with imagination as my eyes
and think of what
I wish that were
as if it now be here
banishing empty desire
fullfillment now sincere
Dyer said "don't wish for want,
as wanting more you'll get,
and if you want,
you didn't get
what you want....not yet"
Of course I paraphrase for verse
and for the verse's sake
I'll make this footnote
of the rules of which
these rhymes do take  : )
And so I guess
my point thus made
(if was there such a thing),
I'll make that thoughtful
escapade
to future wishes bring
into my thought reality
as if already true
and in this way
I'll make each day
a promise firm renewed
to never sway
and not delay
The dreams I now persue.


No comments:

Post a Comment