Wednesday 15 July 2015

The Ides of July

This is my favorite season
My favorite slice of earth's ellipse
When parts above equator
Are more generously lit.
We call it summer, and I like
The freedom we now share
To walk outside our door
Not thinking what we need to wear
To avoid the chill and cold and slush
And all that sucks profound
About the winter that can rob
our "soul for getting down".
Vincent Price!  He was the man
That Jacko had to pay
To make his famous laugh be heard
As "Thriller" fades away.
But me thinks, I did digress
To culture herrings red
I was contemplating heat
Let's return to that instead
Ahh yeah! The summer months!
So awesome cool and hot
Full of smiling people
Drinking beer and smoking pot
And seeing lots of people
Barely wearing any clothes
A lipstick tube could contain
Some outfits that they own
But no complaints for me, no way
I'll take it all in stride
I'll celebrate the tolerance
And celebrate the pride.  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment