Wednesday 22 July 2015

Your call is important to us!

If I had a rocket launcher
I'd make my miffage known
I'd fire up that puppy
and take aim at my old phone
But only once I answer
that shrill annoying ring
if the clock say's it's supper
it's time for telemarketing
The robots or poor human sap
on continents afar
have made intrusion to our world
and angered? Yes, we are!
And though we block and we ignore
They ring relentlessly
And so a plan we used before
we replay happily
My father once used kitchenwares
for scaring crows in strife
Now pots and pans were used again
but this time by my wife
She got positioned in a way
the pots were very close
The call came in, she banged in ways
that would awake a ghost
And up against the microphone
she clanged the brutal noise
and thusly we had found new ways
to fill suppertime with joy!
We flipped the switch, and wet their pants
"what was that?" one said,
We had no words to make reply
we laughed a lot inside
And now we find we're not as much
disturbed like once we were
the message may have trickled up
and made some peeps confer 
perhaps to cross our number off
if they valued their ears
And maybe too they felt compelled
to warn their other peers
Now we eat in peace, 
as much anyone can know
such a thing when living 
with a toddler as she grows.
I hope you like this tale I've told
and every word is true
The tale now told, I'm off to roll
to seek adventures new
And if you dare, I'll hope you'll share
these words with who you know
My gratitude will reach the moon
and we'll be friends, for sho'!


No comments:

Post a Comment