Monday 13 July 2015

Septamanic Horticulturalist

Maybe I should redesign
With new parameters
An architechture deviant
to my septameter
And find anew a different pace
To navigate this path
So that I see variety
when gazing on the past
That will be a different fun
From what I've had so far
Maybe someday I will be
an iambic superstar!
And some of your may say "Hey man,
maybe you're confused?"
And I would say, without delay
"That I can't disprove
But if wrecker-man looks up from hood
and says "your motor's junk",
I'll just laugh, be on my way
on foot, and flip a thumb
And onward down that dotted line
that fades to wavy heat
I'll be travelling to find
my awaiting destiny


And then of course,
you'll notice now,
if not already so
that deviating this is not
from prior rhythms rode
Septa-heavy this still be
In the parlance of the profs**
The one's to whom we flipped the bird
and cursed under a cough
So change of form will have to wait
until these lines are through
I think the waiting won't be long
especially for you!

**
(red-herring)
We'd not succeed in the least
in hiding our disdain
for this testament of rules
that seemed so in the way
of every true creative mind.
But I've learned it isn't so.
The devil, and the angels too
are in the details that we know
Everything is nuanced
with a kind uncertainty
And sometimes not so kind
but often best for what we need
So run from those who never give
their thoughts a second guess
I've found each time my facts are more
my certainty is less
Just a little knowledge
is a danger thing indeed
Best know all or not-at-all
avoid the in-between
but of course impossible
these words to put to use
knowing-all can't be done and
there's no apple-antabuse
You laugh in knowing such is moot
no cure do yet have we
nor have we found an antidote
to curiosity.
And why would we?  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment