Monday 6 July 2015

Just a little evil in my coffee...

You know of course it's Monday.
Another day another dollar, JJ used to say
I once heard someone smart say don't start your day with your inbox.
But I did get 'round to it before noon, and that wasn't a bright idea either.
But it did give me a chance to polish up on my evil.   Not real evil, of course.
Just the same kind of evil that makes Tony Soprano ask his neighbor to "hang on to this for a little while", while handing him a brown-paper-wrapped package......that only Tony knows is filled with sand.
But it's not even that evil.  They started it.  They send me this email this morning....
Subject: DO YOU WISH TO FORFEIT??

the message (accurately reproduced here, character for character):


Late Mr. Rolf Hoffmann bequeathed 12,030,000.00 USD to you, contact Dean Harry Esq. via 
deanharrylawfirm@yahoo.com  Tel: +447035919540 



Ahhhhh, this is just too much fun to pass up.  Make no mistake, this is a scam, pure and simple, stake my life, 100%.   Other than it's utter absurdity, the single biggest indicator that it's a scam are the inevitable and omnipresent errors in syntax.   I've yet to see a scan that didn't have at least one mistake in english, and usually it's littered with them.  Even in a message this short, there is a varitable textbook of errors that are too much fun to ignore.  Firstly, where's the greeting?  Where's the goodbye?  Where's the "The" before the "Late Mr. Rolf".  I think the extra $30k, might be somebody's hurried attempt to make the sum look somewhat less made-up.  And of course that should be a period after "you".
Normally I'd leave it at that and go on with my day, but like I said....this was too much fun to ignore.
So I responded, both to the sender of the message, and the lawfirm in the sentence.  Here's what I said:

Dear Mr......oh, you didn't leave your name, so I'll assume it's the name of the sender....Dorril

As you see, the lack of particulars, like a formal introduction, induces me to believe this is just another scam.
The apparency of such is nearly always given away first by syntactical errors.
However, as I do still possess that uniquely human curiosity to my occasional detriment (if only for the ride)...
 I'll give myself to wander 
upon a path that ponders 
why a stranger would bequeath 
such extraordinary sums, 
not to his family, or his favorite charity 
or the party of his favor, but a stranger....and just one!?

If you have wit enough to answer, I'll delight in taking this game a step further, if only to discover whose name I'll attach to the fraud complaint, or what sum you want me to send you first, before all my worldly ills are solved.  Clearly you don't deserve the least of my attention.  But I'm feeling a little evil today, and want to play with you as my cat does to it's helpless quarry.  You game?  Good.  Get ready.  Stand back.  Watch out.  Now you've pissed me off  : )
The last man on today's unseen silent email list.   
ha. 
ha ha.
MMMWWWWWHAAAAAAAA     HAAAAA   HAAAAA   HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment