Sunday 12 July 2015

Hey Hey what can I say?

Here's #10! That's it my friend
And now the tale is told!
For though it not be with regret
The time has come to fold
This little mental trip of mine
was quite a little fun!
It's seems to be too easily 
completed now it's done
But I think it won't be soon
when I'll do this again.
I'll write, of course,
sincerely yours,
my sonnets, but not 10.
Or not so in the space of time
that I declared today.
This was great, but only fate
would likely have much sway
in reconvincing part of me
a sequel is a fine
way to get immunity
to passages of time.
I'll make a bet,
you couldn't get
investors here today
If all we ever talked about 
is what is on the way.
We needed something
Ultra-cool to set ourselves apart
Something we had in the can
That we had from the start.
With only just a moment
left before it left for good,
the moment came
with the refrain
that changed the world, or would.
"What ever do you mean?"
I'm sure you must be thinking now.
I think I'm sharing thoughts the same
That's rather strange, somehow.
But, oh well. I can't complain
there's far too many things
of which I can make any sense
and tenses are the thing
that freak me out the most somehow
Like being in a block
of time made of styrofoam
that's laughing on the dock.
Well perhaps, nothing's like that
And now it's time to go.
My thoughts have twisted
pretezel-style into the drain below.
And now I'll part and take my leave
but not for long I think.
I'll have a sleep, then have a peek
and then another wink.
I'll take to bed these crazy things
that bounce under my cap
And in this strange lumosity
I'll memorize the map
To where I know I've got to be
before I'm out of time
To reach the pot of gold 
that I can see they left behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment