Thursday 30 July 2015

Happy Birthday Seth!

I got a special memory 
of which to think today
It's an anniversary of 
of sorts, you could say
It marks a big transition
that I had when 33
the years of age
I had to pay
to reach epiphany
some reach it decades earlier
for me I had to wait
the waiting though was worth it much
I had to celebrate!
I called and rang my friends
and fam and everyone I knew
I felt the proudest man alive
My face in beaming grew
As on this day
I gave away 
the selfishness I knew
not by intent, by accident
by loving one that's new.
A brand new soul
Came to my door
And love I knew I did
in ways that were
insoluable
in ways that can't be hid
Here was my metamorphosis
Not merely human small
But another one transformed
in ways beyond recall
The single life
I once embraced
and swore I'd never leave
my attitude now turned around
a full reversery
or to say another way
1-8-O degrees
sorry if I've beaten down 
the horse of metaphor
the drift you get
I'm sure by yet
in words from me to yours
I was no longer self-possessed
I guess I'm tryin' to say
in such a long, turny
and extropolated way {? : ) }
The thing of all
I'd like to say
I can't forget to add:
the day I boast 
I grew the most:
when I became a dad.

To my firstborn:
Happy 12th birthday, big guy!  




No comments:

Post a Comment