Saturday 11 July 2015

On on the 6th day...

Ever take an email holiday
without ever leaving home?
And if you did, how long did it last?
How long could you leave it alone?
before the sweat would trickle down
with thoughts about the list
of bold unopened messages?
What if some things were missed?
I'm doing so, and even though
its only been a day
or maybe 2, I get confused
without screens in my way.
I must admit, an inner fit
is growing silently
small yet in it's magnitude
but unambigiously
gaining traction, mass and flow
and sheer velocity...

I'm aiming for a 1/4 pie
of short-concentric lines
getting 3 bars in the corner
of this pocket screen of mine
and thinking of that tension taught
and cut with steamy knife
of the cybernet injection
easing Jones of off-grid life.

But this just a fantasy
I've had no such restraint
I story teller I may be
but always truthful... ain't.
But truthful in a prior tense,
for though I may not be
in current cyber abstinence
I have those memories
Of days I did precisely that
and take no Wifi with
And I remember that I had
much pleasure 'cause of it.
I was no cyber-Jonesin'
freak out in the woods!
I think I did enjoy myself.
I think I'll call it good.
Of course I made it back to streets
of urban lights and poles
Before connection-abstinence
could take it's proper hold.
So this is still I road I've not
tread down all of the way.
But soon I hope such confidence
will visit,
eat,
and stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment