Sunday 19 July 2015

Illinois, Oh boy


I followed Katie to Decatur
I followed Katie to Decatur
I couldn't let the cabbie take her
So break the line, Operator!

Wishing for permission to bear on your position
Taking all the wrong roads in between
Hoping for results, undeniably felt
it doesn't really even 
have-to-be seen

I followed Katie to Decatur
I didn't want the train to take her
I followed Katie to Decatur
She couldn't leave without goodbye
I didn't want to believe
that'd she leave me
with no words said
but anyway
I could believe it
if it were happening 
not to me......would you agree?

Waiting at the station and deserving isolation
for the creep-stalker habits in play
I call and I text
but with no reply yet
Well, what could make you
turn your head my way?

And another thought, 'fore it 
disappears is caught, I should have 
let it slip away from dirty hands.
Or will they so become,
if the plan I think is done
and make regret 
continually expand.

So slap a shower to my face
the lonely steps I will retrace
back to my place
to let the poor girl be
Maybe the distances at last
had caught my heart a chill and fast
and so I shake my head
and make a firm retreat.


I left my Katie in Decatur
I left her there, so see ya later
She was my Katie in Decatur
Now I have to say goodbye


And now I sit and stare
what made my head so unaware
of how my heart had made
the rest of me a slave?
Infatuation of the day
eventually was held at bay
from reasons of mundanity
I share my full calamity
and now I thank the readers eyes
for being with me all this while
not to adandon or dismay
you've gotten nearly all the way
to the end of verse today
it was a song, and now it's more
what usefulness I know not for
But if humor doth it grow
it's useless not, that much I know

But maybe Katie in Decatur knows, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment